Ft. Lauderdale, FL – (January 24, 2018) – Playa Hotels & Resorts N.V. (NASDAQ: PLYA) (“Playa”) was honored during the annual Travvy Awards this evening at Gotham Hall in New York City. The awards, presented by TravAlliance Media, recognize the highest standards of excellence in the travel industry and honor travel companies, products, agencies and destinations for their yearly achievements.
Playa Hotels & Resorts received top accolades, with Hyatt Ziva Cancun being named as the Best Individual Resort Overall for the second year in a row. In total, Playa Hotels & Resorts was recognized with seven top awards, including three Gold and four Silver.
“Being so recognized at the Travvy’s is truly an honor. These awards are the result of the hard work and dedication of our employees who deliver an elevated and memorable guest experience. Being acknowledged with these awards is a testament to our commitment to more than meet guest expectations and deliver a vacation that our guests recommend to others time and again. We look forward to continuing to set the standard within the all-inclusive sector,” said Kevin Froemming, Executive Vice President and Chief Marketing Officer of Playa Hotels & Resorts.
Playa Hotels & Resorts 2017 Travvy Awards include:
- Best Individual Resort Overall – Hyatt Ziva Cancun - Gold
- Best All-Inclusive Resort, Destination Weddings – Hyatt Ziva Rose Hall - Gold
- Best Destination Wedding Hotel/Resort | Mexico – Hyatt Ziva Cancun - Gold
- Best All-Inclusive Adult/Couples Resort | Mexico – Hyatt Zilara Cancun - Silver
- Best All-Inclusive Adult/Couples Resort | Caribbean/Bahamas – Hyatt Zilara Rose Hall - Silver
- Best Destination Wedding Hotel/Resort | Caribbean/Bahamas – Hyatt Ziva Rose Hall - Silver
- Best All-Inclusive Resort, Honeymoons – The Royal Playa del Carmen - Silver
For more information on Playa Hotels & Resorts or to download images, visit our press room at PlayaResorts.com or contact your preferred travel agent.
About Playa Hotels & Resorts N.V.
Playa Hotels & Resorts is a leading owner, operator and developer of all-inclusive resorts in prime beachfront locations in popular vacation destinations in Mexico and the Caribbean. Playa owns a portfolio consisting of 13 resorts (6,130 rooms) located in Mexico, the Dominican Republic and Jamaica. Playa owns and manages Hyatt Zilara Cancun, Hyatt Ziva Cancun, Hyatt Zilara and Hyatt Ziva Rose Hall Jamaica, Hyatt Ziva Puerto Vallarta and Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos, as well as three resorts under Playa’s brands, THE Royal and Panama Jack Resorts. The Company also operates the Sanctuary Cap Cana, in the Dominican Republic, and owns five resorts in Mexico and the Dominican Republic that are managed by a third party.
Playa Hotels & Resorts